We invest up to £10m of equity per transaction, acquiring and supporting UK business. We have a passion for helping businesses grow and develop. We consider the following types of transactions:
We acquire non-core subsidiaries & help facilitate carve outs, offering speed, discretion and certainty for sellers.
We can provide a range of solutions for owner-managers looking to retire – from the standard to the unconventional.
We back management teams to acquire the businesses they run and support them in taking their business to the next level.
We rescue & support struggling companies; from event led & short term distress to acquisition out of insolvency.
Max Equity Investment per Acquisition
Enterprise Value Up To
Fastest Time to Complete
We have 9 platform businesses in our portfolio with a combined turnover in excess of £100m.
Tobar is a wholesaler of toys and gifts based in Norwich. It specialises in offering innovative and exciting products with high levels of service to a wide range of customers.
- Over 3,000 customers
- A presence in the UK, France, Scandinavia and Hong Kong
- Completed 3 bolt on acquisitions
Komfort is a manufacturer, distributor and installer of aluminium & glass partitioning and associated products to the commercial office refurbishment & new build market.
- A leading name in the interior fitout market
- A full business re-organisation completed
- Products manufactured in 45,000 sqr ft facility in Walsall
Independent Plant Hire Group
IPHG is a plant hire platform company based in the South of England with a focus on acquiring and growing a group of plant hire businesses. Our investment criteria is underlined by a focus on finding regional businesses which provide exceptional levels of customer service across a range of equipment.
- 3 acquisitions completed to date
- Invested in plant & staff post-acquisition
- Rolling out operational & technological improvements
Paul’s Cycles is an online retailer of bicycles and accessories based in Dereham, Norfolk with a focus on high specification bikes. Merino bought the business from the original founder.
- Offers leading brands including Giant, Cube, Cannondale and Merida
- Excellent value and service levels
- Over 3,000 bicycles in stock
Cubicle Washroom Systems
Cubicles is a manufacturer of integrated washroom solutions for the office and education markets.
- Expertise in joinery and associated products
- Manufacturing on the South Coast of the UK
- High level of new product development and innovation
BC Ceramics is a tile retailer & distributor based in the South East of England. The business has seven sites, trading under three different brands.
- Decades long heritage and a strong reputation
- Imports tiles direct from the Continent
- Substantial organic growth under Merino ownership
Pixipixel is a camera and lighting equipment rental company to the Film, Television, Commercials and Photographic industries.
- One of the longest standing and independent rental companies in the UK
- Leading combined lighting and camera hirer in the UK
- At the forefront of technological innovation in the sector
Stacatruc is a forklift truck hire, sales and maintenance group, specialising in providing quality new and used machines, support and aftercare.
- Experienced and reliable National Service team
- Substantial and growing short term hire fleet
- Largest European Clark dealer in Europe
People we have worked with have said…
Merino & I co-invested with the intention of doing a buy & build in the sector, the team are supportive and excellent partners.
Merino moved swiftly & competently to meet our challenging timelines.
Merino have been an incredibly supportive partner since day 1. Their investment in the business has allowed us to pursue an exciting growth trajectory.
I like working with Merino because they provide straight forward answers, quickly. You know when they are running at something hard – which is great for us when running a process.
When we supported Merino on a transaction they were very easy to work with – from the basics like data being readily available to the process being as smooth as it can be, despite the unavoidable twists and turns! An ideal sponsor partner for us.
Catch up on the latest Merino news